Challenges in Management
Task | Process| Resources |
Congratulations! You have just received a BIG
promotion to a management position. Working as a
manager requires talent and skill. Everyday you will have to face new situations
and tasks. Your creativity and ability to think quickly will help you in
many of these situations, however, for many of the challenges you encounter
daily you must rely on techniques you have learned and the knowledge you have
stored from previous training and education.
In this WebQuest you and
your team will discover some of the top challenges managers face and ways to
meet those challenges successfully.
all directions before you click!
At the computer:
- Go to the link for your assigned Resources section of
- Follow all directions to research your challenge area.
In the classroom:
- You will meet with your challenge team to discuss
what you discovered in your research.
- Your challenge team will formulate a list of
- After interviewing a manager you will meet back with
your challenge team to discuss your results.
- Your challenge team will create a mobile to
express what you learned in your research.
- You will meet with your business team to create a
proposal and PowerPoint presentation on how management challenges should be
handles in your business.
On your own:
- Interview a manager from your business field about
your challenge area.
- Bring in items to include in your challenge mobile.
- Use your notes sheet as you
research your challenge area.
- Click on the appropriate picture below to find resources
for your challenge area.
Rubric for Challenge Team Mobile
Rubric for Business Team Proposal
Rubric for Business Team
Now that you have finished the Management Challenges WebQuest you are ready to begin working in your project groups. At the completion of the
Management Challenges unit you will be able to identify the reasons for some of
the common challenges in management, propose solutions and tips for dealing with
these problems, and explain how these tips can work in your everyday life.
This WebQuest was created by Jennifer
Grech, Aycock Middle School, Greensboro, NC.
Click on the picture to e-mail me!