SPACE TRAVEL PROJECT
Introduction | Task | Process|
Resources | Evaluation|
Have you ever wanted to travel through space? Well, here's your chance to do
so without actually leaving earth!
- With a partner or by yourself you will research two
- You will complete a research grid by taking notes.
- You will write a paper explaining your findings.
- You will also need to create a visual to express your
- Finally, you will present your information to the
At the computer:
Read all directions before you click.
- Choose two planets you want to study.
- Click here to view and print a research grid for
- To complete the research grid you may get your information from the
An Overview of
the Solar System , scroll down to the info. that explains the composition
(make), size, and position of planets
Kids Adventures in Space
- Remember to take notes by using key phrases instead of sentences and be
sure that you are using your own words!
In the classroom:
- Use your notes on your research grid to write a rough draft for the two
planets you chose. Be sure to edit and rewrite a final copy. You can type
it if you would rather.
- Brainstorm, create a sketch, then finalize your visual aid (poster, model,
mobile, be creative and surprise me!).
- Present your completed project to the class.
Student's work will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Work is completed on time.
- Written work is neatly done.
- Spelling and grammar are correct.
- Information is accurate.
- Completion of project includes oral presentation of written work and a
After completing the Space Travel Project WebQuest, and listening to all
presentations you will have traveled through space without ever having left
High Point, NC