Welcome to our Presidents Day Web Quest
on President George Washington and President Abraham Lincoln. You are a
time traveler, going back in time to discover facts about these presidents.
You will discover that Washington and Lincoln are among our most honored
presidents. You will also find that they are our country's most beloved
presidents. In this WebQuest you will find many interesting facts about
these presidents, as you travel back in time to explore our national history.
Our time travelers will travel back
in time using resources on the Internet. Each time travel will have a traveling
companion to help to complete research in another time period.
One of our time travelers will explore
the 1700's and will search for information about George Washington using
the George Washington Resources.
The other time traveler will explore
the 1800's and will search for information about Abraham Lincoln using
the Abraham Lincoln Resources.
Each time traveler will record their
information on the Presidential
Scavenger Hunt Sheets.
Both time travelers will meet back
in the 1900's to compare and contrast information about the two presidents.
Finally, our time travelers will work
together using twentieth century technology called The Ultimate Student
Writing Center to present their findings.
Read all directions
before you click.
- Each time travelers should choose which president
they will explore.
- Time travelers researching Lincoln should use the Abraham Lincoln Resources.
- Time travelers researching Washington should use the George Washington Resources.
- Time travelers should click on the appropriate resources
to online links to get information about their president.
- Search the different web sites to find information
about your president and then write the information on your Presidential
Scavenger Hunt sheet.
- Each time you need to get to another web site click
Back to return to the Presidents Day WebQuest or click and drag
under Go to get to the Presidents Day WebQuest.
- Click on Resources to find
links to other web sites.
Time travelers should try to complete their Presidential
Scavenger Hunt Sheets.
- When Scavenger Hunt Sheets are completed, the two
time travelers should meet and discuss the two presidents and how they
were alike as well as how they were different.
- Time travelers should compare and contrast the two
presidents using the Comparison Venn Diagram Sheet.
- Time travelers should use the information gathered
on the Scavenger Hunt Sheets and the Comparison Venn Diagram to complete
the Comparison Report Sheet.
- When time travelers have completed their Venn Diagram and Comparison Report,
the students should work together to do a final draft of their findings
using the Ultimate Student Writing Center.
- Time travelers may test their knowledge of the presidents
by clicking under Resources. Find the section on Additional
Presidential Resources and Activities.
- Select a link to a game, quiz, or additional activity
about Lincoln and Washington.
Additional Resources and Activities
Our time travelers will be evaluated
using the following criteria:
- Presidential Scavenger hunt is completed.
- Comparison Venn Diagram is completed.
- Comparison Report is completed.
- Work is completed on time.
- Written work is done neatly.
- Information is accurate and appropriate.
- Report is informative and attractive.
This Presidents Day WebQuest was an
important project that teaches students to research information using the
internet. Students searched for facts about the two presidents that are
honored by a national holiday which is celebrated on the second Monday of
February. Students have learned interesting facts about President George
Washington and President Abraham Lincoln. Students have a greater understanding
of why they are honored by our Presidents Day National Holiday.
To contact the project leader, e-mail Jacqueline
Bailey, third grade teacher at Summerfield Elementary School.